Monday, August 1, 2011

Are we there yet...

So how often do you remember being a child and going on road trips?  I don't technically remember going on pointless road trips, but I remember the (what felt like at the time) FOREVER long trips to Grandma and Jido's which was actually only a 4.5 hour drive to White House, TN (about 30 minutes outside of Nashville).  I also remember from these trips asking constantly, "Are we there yet?".  More specifically I remember a game my wonderful Daddy used to play with us kids...He would pretend like he forgot how to get to his parent's house and he'd say phrases like, "Man I'm tired of this road, I think I want to go on a new one and he'd turn".  Being a young child I was always scared that he didn't know where he was, but somehow we always managed to end up at the Makool "White House".

So here's my point with this blog... how often are you asking God are we there yet? More specifically am I there yet?  I know indirectly its a question I ask daily! "God is it time yet? Have I been patient long enough yet?" I feel like at times he is looking at me and saying..."Um...come on dummy you STILL aren't being patient!!!"  Anyways I guess this is on my mind because I'm ready for this semester to be over on Wednesday and I keep asking am I there yet... and even though I'm SUPER close...it's not quite time.  Also sometimes God might take us down a side road/different path and we might feel completely lost, but He still knows exactly where we'll end up.  (Just making it more applicable to my previous story).  Ok it's time for class.  3 more days and I'm 1/5 of the way done!!!! Wooohoooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment